Friday, January 23, 2009

Illinois vs. Wisky

Illini Game Preview
Saturday vs. Wisky @ 3 p.m.
Look for me on TV


Help a Brother Out

On Tuesday, I included in the header of the IGP that I would be in class during the OSU game, and I needed some text messages to keep up to speed on the score. I thought that I would be receiving texts every few minutes from my crazy Illini brothers...I received only 2! Not even a final score.

You guys let me down a bit Tuesday, but I am going to let you redeem yourselves. I am headed to Champaign tomorrow for the game. Where should I eat? Check out the poll in the left hand menu to vote for the best food in Champaign. If your favorite hangout isn't listed, add your suggestions to the comments at the end of this blog entry.

Press Passes

The IGP applied for a media pass for tomorrow's game against Wisky, but we were denied. Apparently, the Illini do not credential bloggers. I think that Head Coach Bruce Weber is a big fan of the IGP. So Bruce, if you're reading, send a few media passes my way.

Upside Down

The Big10 was turned on its head this Wednesday as a pair of teams with only 1 conference win each knocked off the first and second place squads. The Northwestern Mildcats led by Kevin Coble's 31 points, knocked off #7 MSU on the Spartans home turf, and the Iowa Hawkeyes topped Wisconsin in OT 73-69. A third of the way through the Big10 schedule, here is how they rack and stack...



It's wide open friends, and the Illini are poised for a run at the title.

Illinois vs. Wisky

The Illini are shooting a league leading 47.9% from the field and scoring the most of any team in the Big10 - 69.9 points a contest. A coworker from OSU said that he kept waiting for the Illini's hot shooting to cool down. "That's how this team plays," I told him. We can score from every spot on the court. But tomorrow, the Illini face the Badgers, as stingy a team defensively as there is in the Big10. We've dropped the last 5 games we've played against the Badgers, and I think it is time to start a little streak of our own.


Illinois - 62
Wisky - 59


Sincerely,
Mike Tisdale's 6000 Calorie Diet


PS...I was glad to see that Wayne McClain was voted the best dress coach at Illinois. Jerrance Howard is right on his tale, but he still has some tricks to learn from the master...Coach McClain.

2 comments:

HC said...

I think the Burger King shut down...

Wbrimley said...

Just get pucks they're free.