Monday, April 4, 2005

The Missing IGP

When I couldn't write an IGP for the National Championship Game, Brad Cohen stepped in admirably. Not everyone received this because he didn't have the entire email list.

It's with great happiness that I can announce that the most beloved Illini
fan (and beat writer) of all is currently in St. Louis and did indeed find
a ticket to the game tonight. What's unfortunate is that unlike Rick
Telander and Jay Mariotti, he doesn't have an office set up, or even a
computer to preview tonight's matchup between the University of Illinois
Fighting Illini and the North Carolina Tar Heels. There will be no IGP
tonight folks and I or anybody would be crazy to think they could recreate
it. What I can do, however, is remind people what the original and
ultimate purpose of the game previews were. They used to start off as
such:

Illinois vs. North Carolina
Tonight, 6 p.m.
Joe's. Send me an email or give me a call if you plan on attending.

The purpose was to tell Illinois fans to go to Joe's. So although today
we'll have no witty remarks or funny Illini stories - I hope I can count on
every single one of you showing up, rooting on the Illini, and hopefully
witnessing a great end to one of the most fabulous Illinois stories of our
time!

"Tonight, 6 p.m."
"Joe's."

Illinois - 73
North Carolina - 69

Sincerely,

Mike Nett's $400 ticket

No comments: